October 16, 2014

To-do List for Baby #2

I'm slowly starting to make a to-do list for baby #2. Writing it all down helps me remember everything I want to do and now that I'm four months along (how did that happen?) I think it's a good time to start. I like to do everything with time, I hate running around at the last minute and get really stressed out.

1. Potty train: I'd really, really like Miss A to be potty trained before her brother or sister arrives. I know I can't force it to happen and if she's not ready I'll suck it up, but it would really help if I only had one in diapers to worry about! We have a potty and she's used it several times and then lost interest completely. I hope to try again soon, if not next month then after the holidays are over when there's nothing going on and no trips to make.



2. Empty out the guest room closet: We are lucky to have four bedrooms in our house. One is the master, Miss A's room,  the guest room, and the "man" room. Baby is going to be in the guest room, across the hall from his/her sister. We purposely didn't buy any furniture for this room as we knew it would eventually be the new nursery. The queen bed will have to be dismantled and put into storage. What I really want to focus on is the closet as that has become the I-don't-know-where-to-put-this drop zone. A lot of it is decor we never got to putting up, extra sheets, blankets, and pillows. Hiding a new place for these things is going to give me a headache! 

3. Pick out a new stroller: We went to Buy Buy Baby recently and were overwhelmed by all the different options for double strollers. I was glad there were many on the floor to try out and push around as I was easily able to figure out what I don't want. The employee helping us was very informative and asked gray questions- like how long do I anticipate Miss A being in her stroller? Do I want her facing me or outwards? Do I want to wear the baby and push Miss A in the stroller? Ahh so much to think about. We walked out with more to think about, and I didn't realize I also had to look into car seat adapters! A mom friend mentioned looking into the joovy caboose, which is a sit and stand that may work better for us. I'd like to see it in person first, so I'll be looking into that soon. 




4. Sell/donate old furniture and decor: Like I said with our guest room closet, there's lots of stuff we never got around to hanging on the walls or couldn't come to a decision if we actually wanted to use it. I think it's time for us to go through it and see what we actually want to keep. We also have old furniture from our apartment sitting in the garage collecting dust and spider webs. It's all in perfect condition and we'll need the space to put away the queen bed frame and mattress.

5. Pick out a dresser, nursery set, prints, etc: This is all fun stuff, no cleaning involved! I'll have a better idea of what I want to do after we find out if it's a boy or girl. I can't wait! 

6. Pull out baby gear- see what needs to be replaced, washed, or fixed: All our baby gear from Miss A is in our huge storage closet. Most of it is in boxes, I organized some stuff fairly well when we moved in. Not everything was stored in a box so I'm sure it's going to need to be washed. I have to take a look at my pump, nursing pillow, and take everything out to see what we have, because believe it or not I've forgotten about most of it! Crazy that we're doing it all again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Just the idea of cleaning out our guest room closet for a room revamp has me stressing, lol! I have no idea where any of the stuff in there will go, so I know exactly how you feel!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS