October 8, 2014

Sick Days

Sometimes life doesn't go the way you've planned when you have kids. I had a to-do list a mile long on Monday, errands to run, goals to accomplish in the house, appointments to make. October is a busy month and I want to make the most of it before it disappears like September did. These are my favorite months of the year- the time of celebrations, holiday preparations, countdown to Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I had to set aside my list to take care of Miss A (who just had a stomach bug) when she woke up Sunday night with a terrible cough.

We both rushed in to see if she was okay, it was a sound I had never heard before, but that my husband had many times. A barking seal cough. A loud, dry, sickly cough. Croup, he knew immediately. She spent the rest of the night next to me in bed and the next morning I took her to the pediatrician.

My poor sweet girl. I don't think I hate anything more than seeing her sick. She has been sick so much more than she usually is these past two months. It's starting to drive me crazy. Luckily she doesn't stay sick for very long, my littler fighter. She's usually in good spirits too but despite that I keep her away from our friends as not to share our lovely germs. Anyone with kids will tell you being cooped up in the house is no fun.

Now she has a full blown cold with the cough to boot. Hopefully the steroid dose she was given will give her some relief soon, I hated seeing her so upset from coughing. It must be so scary for her, not knowing what's going on.

In other, happier news, my parents will be coming to visit at the end of this month! I'm excited to spend a few days with them before the holiday craziness begins. I've already read blog posts talking about Christmas cards and Christmas gifts, call me crazy but the wheels in my head are already turning too. I've found two gifts for Miss A already that I just can't wait to give to her and I'm searching for a few more. I can't afford to procrastinate, literally! I don't want to be running around like a mad woman come December, so my motto is, the earlier, the better.

Hope you've had a better week!

3 comments:

  1. We just had the crud in our house and it hit all 4 of us which was a nightmare for this self proclaimed germaphobe!! I have never wiped so many noses in my life lol. And on top of both girls teething - I didn't know if I was going to survive!I :) hope everyone gets healthy FAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is worse than a sick child. Especially when they are so little. Hopefully your home is back on it's feet and healthy again soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, when your babies are sick it's just the worst. Hoping she feels better very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS