October 13, 2014

Resurfacing for the Weekend

I'm so glad it's the beginning of a new week! Let's start fresh and chat about all good things, starting with the highlight of our weekend, attending another fall festival!

We went last year and loved it, I hope this will be one of our fall traditions for as long as we live here. The festival took place at a nursery, with beautiful flowers and plants, a large pond, goats, chickens, and llamas. It's very picturesque and the owners do a wonderful job of providing various photo ops. Sadly I didn't get any this year and it was just the two of us (hubby was still sick at home) and Miss A wasn't really in a cooperative picture mood anyway.


Instead we picked out another pumpkin, which will be the one we crave and roast the seeds out of. We said hello to the llamas, walked over to the goats, and listened to folk music being performed by the lake. Our friends stopped by to visit and we chatted with them while waiting in line for Miss A's first ever face painting! I really didn't expect her to do it, but I showed her what was going on and the drawings kids had on their face and she said, "yes."


I asked her if she wanted Minnie Mouse and that was another "yes" and when it was her turn she sat down, very still, and waited as the girl painted. There was a full length mirror to see how you look and she was very pleased, all shy about it. I can't even tell you how cute it was, it was a moment I'll never forget.




Not long after that we left because for some odd reason it was very warm and muggy out for a mid October day. I don't know if it was me being pregnant or feeling a little under the weather, but I was getting hotter and hotter by the second and could feel my cheeks burning. I needed air! My sweet friend offered to bring us over dinner and it was a gift so appreciated, it was exactly what we needed that night.

Oh, and I also picked this up at the festival. It smells SO good and I'm sad to open it because I'm obsessed with the packaging.


Sunday wasn't all too exciting as I planned our dinner menu, clipped coupons, went through the Target cartwheel app and made a grocery list. Is it just me or does that take hours? I spend more time preparing to go to the store than actually shopping. Miss A and I went and did the shopping and spent the rest of the day at home with Dad.

I'm scared to even say I'm excited for this week- I don't want to jinx it, but we're planning on going to the fair and hubby will have three days off. This has been a great rotation! I wish it was always like this. If all the stars align we'll have great weather and a sick free wee!

1 comment:

  1. We went to the pumpkin patch too and it was so hard to get my little girl to look at the camera. We got a couple good ones though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS