October 27, 2014

Monday Musings

My parents were here for the weekend and Miss A could not have been more excited. She loves, loves having family around. I wish it could be like this always but we appreciate the time we do have with them so much more. We went to the park, out to lunch, and played a lot at home. Hubby and I even had a rare date night out and it was so good to reconnect, talk, and enjoy each other's company without having to entertain a toddler. :) My dad had all kinds of projects he wanted to do in the house (he stayed longer than my mom) so lots of time was also spent helping out. It's so sweet, every time he comes to visit, he has to fix something. :)




I'm so excited it's Halloween week! I plan to do something Halloween related everyday until the big day. We painted pumpkins with my parents and we still have to crave our pumpkin. Today we baked cupcakes and decorated with Halloween sprinkles for a Halloween party we're having with our playgroup tomorrow. I'm also thinking of making mummy dogs, going to the library's dress up parade, making pumpkins out of construction paper, and collecting leaves for an art project. I love this time of year so much!!





Now that October is almost over, it's time to start thinking about Thanksgiving, which, I honestly can't believe it right around the corner. I'm kind of glad it's so late this year. I was reading the blog Honey We're Home today and she had a Thanksgiving post today, so now my wheels are turning. What to cook,  bake, or try something new... Anyway, that's a topic for another day. Let's focus and enjoy Halloween week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS