October 20, 2014

Baby #2 16-17 Weeks

It's so true what they say- the second pregnancy flies! I can't believe I'm going to be 18 weeks very, very soon. Time is flying by! I'm feeling good, eating well, and slowly incorporating exercise back into my every day routine. The only area that is still lacking is sleep! I wake up often throughout the night and sometimes have difficulty falling back to sleep. The middle of the day can drag after a night like that when all I want to do is take a nap, yet a certain toddler of mine refuses to even go to her room. Ah yes, she's a stubborn one. I miss nap time!


My appetite is just as ravenous. I could easily eat two breakfasts and lunches. I try to have protein at every meal otherwise it's even worse and I'm hungry after an hour. I've been eating lots of eggs, yogurt, fruit, salads packed with veggies, chicken, and grilled cheese sandwiches. My sweet tooth isn't as bad as it was with Miss A, although I do have a thing for mint Milano cookies right now! ;)

At the end of the day I'm pretty exhausted. My feet hurt and my back aches, which I don't understand, since it's still so early for that kind of thing. I remember that happening around the six month mark, with Miss A. We go for walks in the morning or mid afternoon while I still have energy. I walked almost everyday while pregnant with Miss A and hope to keep that up, although I'm sure it's going to be harder once it gets really cold out. 


I'm so anxious to find out whether this baby is a boy or girl!! We find out in two weeks, any guesses?? I'm enjoying this pregnancy so much now that the 1st trimester is over. I can't believe we're going to have another baby!

6 comments:

  1. You look great, can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or girl... I'm saying girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable! You are all belly. That is not good you're having such aches and pains this earl. Maybe it's because sleep hasn't been so good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never realized how much we have in common! haha My name is also Christina and I am a SAHM to our 2 year old daughter, Ava. Well technically, she will be 2 on Nov 2nd which is right around the corner... I am also 17 weeks pregnant! My hometown is Ft.Lauderdale/ Miami as I drive between the two for family and such. And I read that you're in MI now. My husband and I moved up to Chicago, IL right before we got engaged for his job but ending up moving back to South Florida because we didn't really enjoy the cold weather and BIG city living. Anyways, I just wanted to say HI and that I am looking forward to finding out what you're having. I am having another little girl as I found out when I had the Panorama test (a blood test) done at 12 weeks.

    XO
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So random, but I share your daughter's birthday :) Yay for November babies!
      Whitney

      Delete
  4. Don't feel too down on yourself, pregnancy #2 kicked my butt compared to #1, but labor and delivery was a piece of cake! You look adorable! Any gender preferences?! :)
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  5. You aren't joking.. this pregnancy is flying by! In just 2 weeks, you will know what you are having and that seems all too quick! You have the sweetest little bump though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS