September 2, 2014

My Favorite Fall Traditions

It's the first week of September and temperatures are soaring above the 90s. Ugh. I can hardly stand being outside, it's pretty unbearable. I'm definitely looking forward to cooler temps, opening up the windows, and decorating the house for the arrival of fall.

The beginning of September has always been a special time of the year for me. When I was still teaching, I loved getting ready for back to school time, picking out new outfits, school supplies, and enjoying the excitement of a new year. Things are certainly different one that I'm a SAHM- now I'm thinking about beginning fall traditions, looking for Halloween costumes, and new clothes for Miss A. 

Pumpkin Carving 
Every year as a kid I picked out a pumpkin (from the grocery store, no pumpkin patches in Miami), and carved them with my cousins. I'll do the same with Miss A every year, minus her cousins, but we will go to the pumpkin patch, take cheesy pictures that I will adore for years to come, and go back home to pick out a design and carve it win Daddy.


Apple Picking
When we lived in Michigan the hubby and I started our own new tradition of going apple picking in September. There aren't very many orchards in North Carolina- at least, not close. Maybe one day on the rare occasion we have a whole weekend to ourselves we can make a trip there and pick apples with Miss A. 

Halloween 
I adore Halloween, always have, always will. I dream of hosting a Halloween party for all of Miss A's friends when she's older. I love decorating for the holiday, love picking out what candy to pass out for the trick or treaters, and I love dressing the both of us up. I have no idea what I'll be doing this year, so far nothing has caught my eye.



Fall Festivals
If there's a festival going on in the fall, you'd better believe I'll be there. I didn't have these while growing up and wish I did. Now that we are in an area where these happen I plan to go every year. Bonus points if we can go dressed up in our costumes. :)


3 comments:

  1. See! This is why I need to move - pumpkin patches and fall festivals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with every Fall themed thought you had!! Since living in Texas, Fall isn't what it once was and it's hard to decorate when it's 98 outside. I'm going to be patient and decorate on September 23rd which is the offical first day of Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these fall activities! We are hoping to check out an apple orchard this fall now that we're back in MI (there weren't any close in CO). I do love decorating for fall/halloween! I'm hoping to do that this week!!! I've been thinking about it for awhile :) I just have to find all my decorations in storage...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS