September 8, 2014

Monday Blues

Is it Monday? It's just another day to me. When your a SAHM- with a husband who works all the time- weekends don't really mean much, and neither do days of the week. It was just Miss A and I all weekend as Daddy had to work night shift and we saw him for an hour in the morning, after he got home from work, and an hour in the evening, as we ate an early dinner and sent him off to work. Ugh, there's no other way to put it- it sucks, as I've said many, many times. Being a wife of a resident is incredibly lonely. 

Sure, I know it won't always be this way. I know one day we will have a schedule that is envious of others, but for now, it's impossible for me to imagine. After being on this journey for the last five years, it feels like we'll never get to that point. Dramatic, I know. I guess I'm throwing myself a little pity party, like my friend Jess, who is also the wife of a resident. 

Anyhow. What did we do this weekend? We painted, we went to our favorite toddler park before the rain arrived, shared a grilled cheese sandwich at Panera, and made a trip to Smoothie King for a free balloon. Desperate times. 





I'm happy it's September. Not just for all things FALL, but for cooler weather, lots of festivals around town, and a visit from my inlaws. I can't wait for some family time. We also bought Miss A her very own toddler bed and bedding set- Minnie Mouse, of course. It's still sitting in their boxes waiting for a day the hubby has time to sit down and put it all together. I know she's going to be very excited, she picked it all out with me and keeps asking for her "Minnie" bed. I can't believe we're about to change over her baby room to a big girl room, so bittersweet! 

6 comments:

  1. Aww! Big girl bed time - how cute!! Hang in there friend, I can imagine it's very hard. At least your in-laws will be down soon and you'll get a little break and some family time xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is the first day Avery and I have been alone in a month. As much as we miss everyone, I have to admit it's kind of nice. But I can definitely see how it can get old really fast. Hopefully the fall will make things pick up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that you guys had a lonely weekend too. Ugh. It stinks. Everyone keeps saying it will all be worth it one day, but I can't help feeling like I'm wishing my life away hoping that "one day" arrives soon. So hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it's different but I feel you on the being alone a lot. My hubby's job is 100% travel so he's gone a lot too. Sometimes two weeks at a time. I have no pep talk other than it's hard and people who see their spouses a lot and have help every night just don't get it. So long distance hug of I feel your pain. Good luck with the big girl bed stuff. We're a month into it and it's super hard. I hope MIss A is ready and maybe that'll go smoother for you. We had to do it because she started to climb out and I don't think she was really ready for the freedom of a big bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big girl bed? How is that possible? I'm holding off on switching Connor's for a little longer. He does so well sleeping now I don't want to jinx anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The days run together normally for me too, but now that Amira is in Kindergarten I feel a bit more in tune. I feel you on the long hours for the hubby, I don't see mine that much either. Keep your pretty face smiling. I cant wait to see pictures of A's big girl room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS