October 1, 2014

Family Weekend

This weekend my inlaws and sister-in-laws here to spend a few dsy with us. Their visit was more than welcome, from all three of us! Miss A was jumping and shaking from excitement when they arrived and she hopped out the front door into everyone's arms. They have such a beautiful bond, it makes me so happy.


I was also overjoyed to have them here- four extra hands! Opportunities to sit down, rest, and do nothing! That is so, so rare for me, and with how I've been feeling, I was so glad to have the help. I was able to do all kinds of things I don't usually have a chance to- like sit in my living room. Seriously, I love our living room. It's one of my favorite rooms in the house with the sunlight pouring in through the windows and our cozy couches. Since there are no toys in there, it's not exactly appealing to a toddler.  I also got to use my wonderful smelly bath products while taking a long hot shower, three nights in a row! Bliss I tell you. It sure doesn't take much to make me happy these days. :)



Of course we got out of the house and did plenty of fun things too. We went to our favorite park complete with a train to ride, a merry-go-round, paddle boats, and small cafe. We also went out to our favorite breakfast place, lunch, and dinner one night. 







Miss A was spoiled with lots of new clothes, shoes, and toys. Despite coming with a few new toys in their suitcase, we made a trip to Toys R Us and she picked out a few things on her own, including her very own car. 


She drove her Minnie car around the cul de sac, laughing and smiling away, as we jumped in to steer the wheel and prevent any collisions. ;) She got the hang of it pretty quickly and we loved watching her cruise. 

I hate how fast the time goes and now we have to wait until Thanksgiving to see them again. Miss A has woken up Tuesday and today asking me "where did everybody go" and telling me they have to "come back." It's so hard for her to understand but I'm so thankfully for technology and FaceTime, which we do weekly with our family. If it wasn't for that, this distance between us would be so much harder, I can't even imagine. 

In other news, it's October, the hubby will have a wonderful schedule and I can't wait to do some fall related activities, like the pumpkin patch and the state fair! What are you excited for this month? Halloween too of course! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh man what a seriously fun weekend!! Glad you got some good family time in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a fun weekend and glad you got some relaxing time in, you deserve it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray family time!! I feel the pain with regards to the frequency of time spent with family. Amen to FaceTime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS