September 9, 2014

Currently

I'm popping in to participate in one of my favorite linkups, Currently.


A Mama Collective

Thinking about: going back to work. But not really. At least, not for another four or five years. I've been at this SAHM gig for two years and you know what, if I'm being perfectly honest- I miss working. Not everyday. And not all the sucky parts that come with having a job- getting up early, looking presentable everyday (can't say I do that now), and you know...job responsibilities. But I do miss working with kids, getting to know a classroom, having co-workers (and adult conversation), and getting a paycheck! I will go back to work one day, whether or not it's teaching, I don't know. Definitely something within education and working with kids. That's my field, that's what I loved.

Reading: Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio. I've had it on my Kindle forever. I'm not much of a Kindle person, I prefer holding the book in my actual hands and turning the pages, but sometimes I struck out at the library and have nothing to read. So I'll scroll through my Kindle to see what I've got and I completely forgot about this novel. It's an easy read, reminiscent of a romance novel in a sense, but it's a good story.


Watching: Ugh...nothing! I absolutely can not wait for fall TV to start. Mistresses ended and so have all my other trashy summer shows. There is nothing to watch on TV right now. I'm most excited for Parenthood to start, which is in a few weeks. Hands down my favorite show on TV. I'm so sad it's the last season. I'm also excited to see a couple of new shows- The Affair (Hello, Pacey), Gotham, How to Get Away With Murder, and I can't wait for Reign, The Vampire Diaries, and The Walking Dead to start again. 

Thankful for: a good week ahead. We have a few play dates scheduled, hubby will be home for dinner three nights out of the week, and he'll have the whole weekend off- the only one he'll get this month. It's also not in the 90s this week, a welcome change to the heat we've been having. 

3 comments:

  1. All my favorite shows start back up at the end of this month. I will have SO MANY to watch. #firstworldproblems

    And I'm with you about the going back to work thing. Mostly, I would love to bring in some money. But it's not that important if it means missing out on this precious time with Connor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of that book, how do you like it? Stopping by from #currently. -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for Fall TV to start too!!

    See, I am working full time right now & WISHING I was at home. Don't wish to be back quite yet...

    -Stopping by from the Link Up. I am Becky with Choose Happy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS