September 29, 2014

Baby #2- 13-15 Weeks

Happy Monday morning friends! I have lots to share about our family weekend, but first I thought I'd share some pregnancy updates. I'm currently writing this from the comfort of my bed, a bowl of pumpkin oatmeal next to me, with the sounds of Miss A playing downstairs with her grandmother and aunt. Or in our case, Abu (short for Abuela in Spanish) and Tia (Spanish for aunt). I'm sure I don't have to tell you as you already know what a blessing it is to have them here.

So let's talk about being pregnant! :) I'm feeling much, much better now than I was just a week ago. The queasiness is subsiding, I'm feeling my energy coming back, and most foods sound appealing.  I do have to talk about the awful insomnia I had (and still do occasionally) between weeks 12-14. I would either lay awake for hours before falling asleep or wake up in the middle of the night wide awake and unable to fall back to sleep for hours. What a cruel joke I tell you, pregnant, having to care for a toddler, on no sleep. I was pretty miserable and dragging every single day. I made sure to keep water and snacks by my bed because I would also get hungry during that time I was awake and I definitely didn't want to have to go downstairs to eat something. I think the insomnia is starting to get better, but I don't want to jinx it!


I'm officially sleeping with two pillows. I found that also helped when I couldn't fall asleep. I'd prop them up and try to fall asleep sitting up. That actually worked a few times. I also have the two pillows for comfort and I have to tell you I'm so happy we have a king sized bed this time around with more space for me to flip around and not elbow my husband in the face!


I couldn't believe my luck recently on a trip to Target for finding a pair of maternity jeans for $10. It was on clearance, 50%, and I'm so happy I found them. They are infinitely more comfortable than the pairs I wore with Miss A. They're the under the belly kind as opposed to the over-the-belly panel. I hated those! I always had to pull them up and didn't like how you could see the panel lining through my shirts. So yes I am wearing maternity bottoms now as my regular jeans were getting too tight and uncomfortable. I also wasn't a fan on the belly band, so it was time to move on! 

I've only gained about three pounds, which I really don't understand, because I'm SO hungry all.the.time. I feel like I'm always eating which can be so annoying after having a regular meal and feeling like I ate nothing soon after. At least most foods are okay with me now, except anything tomato based. Overall food is tasting pretty good and I'm eating lots of yogurt, eggs, cheese, toast, chicken, strawberries, and pasta. 

5 comments:

  1. You are absolutely gorgeous pregnant!! And scoring maternity jeans for $10? Total win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're starting to feel better, sweet girl. First trimester is definitely the worst!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I knew you when you were pregnant with A so I'm excited to experience your pregnancy with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First trimester is the hardest, so glad you are feeling better!!!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking gorgeous and healthy! I remember your telling me you hoped for more than one little one in the family. So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS