September 15, 2014

A Real Weekend Review!

Monday morning, I'm actually not happy to see you, because this means the weekend has ended. A real weekend. A weekend where the hubby was not off for just ONE day, but TWO! I think this is the only time it'll happen this month, so we were so excited to have two whole days together as a family. 

Saturday morning we were up and ready to make pancakes, per Miss A's request. She would eat pancakes (with chocolate chips) every day for breakfast if I let her. Since it was a special day, I granted her request and she sat on the counter with me as I whipped up pancakes. Hubby was still sleeping (not for much longer, as we can hardly wait to wake him up when he's home) as I fired up the griddle and started cooking the pancakes.

There were several festivals/celebrations going on in town and our only hesitation was the weather. It seemed like it was going to rain, all day, so at first I was a little disappointed. It can't rain on our only few days together! Luckily, it didn't end up raining, and we were able to make it out to a new part of the area we had not been to. 


There were lots of shops and restaurants with booths and little tents set up outside. The weather cooperated and we were able to enjoy and see everything. We visited some cute shopsMiss A had her very own cotton candy, which she gobbled down so fast, I didn't have a taste! 


She really wanted to go into one of the bounce houses, but we figured she's still way too young for them, especially with kids twice her size bouncing around in there. So at the end of the festival we walked by one that was deflating and she ran over, hopped on, happy as a calm. :) 


As if she didn't have enough sugar, I had to stop in to Kilwin's once I saw their sign for pumpkin pie ice cream! It was delicious and just what this pregnant mama needed. Of course I didn't have it all to myself, Miss A grabbed her own spoon and dug right in. 


Later that evening the hubby insisted on putting together Miss A's big girl, or I should say, "Minnie bed!" He's wanted to put it together for weeks now but hasn't had the time. I was a little hesitant about it, as I wasn't sure if was ready for this step yet, but we did it! More details on how it went in a future post. :)


On Sunday we hung around the house, I did some cleaning, then went out to do some errands on my own. I'm looking for some Minnie decor for her room- some wall art, possibly a wall decal, and a new lamp. If you've seen anything please let me know! I had no luck at Babies R Us and will be trying Target soon, as well as looking online.

The rest of this week is looking pretty good for us- a great schedule for the hubby, a baby appointment for me, and possibly some play dates. Have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for having the hubby home!!! And I love the new look :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a weekend with the hubby!!! New blog looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Husband usually only gets 1 day a weekend off too so when he gets 2 we enjoy it so much!
    Can't wait to hear how the big girl bed went
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is too cute! A good quality 2 days spent with loved ones is always the best :) Always sets the best tone for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big girl bed? I can't imagine! I'm worried for that transition.
    And I'm loving the new blog, the name and look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS