July 29, 2014

Since Turning Two...

Since turning two my little miss has had all kinds of fun. Let's break it down...

1. I ordered this kitchen two weeks before her birthday. It went out of stock, cancelled twice, and re-ordered a third time and took over a week to get here. Needless to say it was not here in time for her birthday, which I was really bummed about, but when it finally did arrive it was like her birthday all over again, the three of us were so excited. We sat down and ripped open that box, pulled out all the pieces and got to work. Would you believe she watched and "helped" throughout the entire process? Once it was finished we played and played, making coffee, fried eggs, and macaroni and cheese. Best. toy. ever.


2. I should've started off by saying I took the plunge and bought chalkboard paint last week and painted the wall before her kitchen arrived. I bought the paint at Lowe's, grabbed a 99 cent paint dipper, roller brush, and got to work during nap time. I painted two coats, let it cure for three days, and then rubbed the wall with white chalk, per all the advice I found online. The end result- a huge chalkboard for her to draw, scribble, and smear! I love it, she loves it, everybody loves it. The invention of chalkboard paint- genius.




3. We had my parents back for a day and a half to visit after their trip to Boston. Miss A was so excited to see them again and played non stop with her Grandpa. I was sad to see them go since it will be a while until we see them again.



4. Cloud dough! I found this idea on Leah's blog. All it takes is a few cups of flour and some oil (baby oil or canola oil) and you've got "sand". We don't have a sandbox and Miss A really likes playing with sand. It's a good activity to pass some time when someone is not napping...


5. Move over Frozen, we've found a new movie to watch, over, and over, and over again. BUT it's a movie that I loved as a kid and with great songs...The Little Mermaid! Miss A has the Little People Ariel Castle and she has been playing with it a lot more now, especially with Ariel and Flounder. Since we've seen Frozen 32467 times I thought we've give another movie a shot. Turns out she loves Ariel so much that it's now all she asks for when given the opportunity to watch TV. Excuse me while I sing "Under the Sea" for the third time today. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the new kitchen! Elin's kitchen is my favorite of all her toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kitchen and love the idea of the chalkboard wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore cloud dough. Seriously. Genius invention for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS