July 2, 2014

Currently Loving

It's been a while since I've done a currently loving, as known as, brain dump, random thought post. Let's hop to it- I've got a lot on my mind!

1. I absolutely loved this blog post I read today on The Newly's: Mothers Can't Have It All. Sadly, I am one to believe this. In some way or another, we, women as mothers, will sacrifice. Whether it be your career because you're a SAHM, time with your child because you're a full-time working mom, time with your spouse, or other opportunities that unfortunately slip away. It seems impossible to "have it all" if you want to have all those things. Of course, you can look at it the other way; say that IS exactly what you want, to be at home with your children all day or to have that stability and adult interaction at work. Then you really do have it all. Such an interesting topic. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2. I saw this Oreo Popcorn today and just about died. I'll have it all please.


3. I finished TWO books in ONE week. This is a huge deal for me. I read My Last Kiss and The Husband's Secret. You must read both! Go! Also, are you on Goodreads? I love it, such a great way to keep track of what I've read and what I want to read next. Let's be friends.

4. I'm addicted to a new show, Chasing Life, on abcfamily. I stumbled upon in the other day on demand when there was nothing on TV and watched all three episodes. I'm a sucker for these kinds of story lines. I'm also still watching Mistresses and Devious Maids. Both are not hitting the bar though, which is kind of disappointing. :(


5. Miss A and I went blueberry picking over the weekend and I got the cutest picture of her. Lately she flat out refuses to smile for pictures so I couldn't believe it when I told her to smile and she actually stood there for a long enough moment for me to capture this shot. If only I had my DSLR with me.


6. Pinterest activities. I love them! It's HOT out, many of our friends are on family summer vacations, so we've found ourselves with quite a few free afternoons lately. Doing something new and creative is good for the both of us. And fun!





7. I'm getting so anxious for Miss A's birthday party, which is less than two weeks away! Her dress arrived today and I'm almost done picking up a few last minute things. I can't wait for her to be able to understand that her birthday is coming up and share the excitement with me. Party planning is something I really love, and trying to do it on a budget is a challenge I'm totally up for. I can't wait to show you it all very soon! 


8. In case you were wondering, our A/C was fixed late last week. I could hardly stand another minute in our hot, humid house. I'll never complain about it being warm in the house again!

2 comments:

  1. Loving that colander activity! So fun. Thanks for linking to my popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caught the premier of Chasing Life and actually thought it was really good! I tend to get sucked into ABC Family shows though... namely Pretty Little Liars haha. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS