July 23, 2014

A Minnie Birthday Bash: Part Two

I had so much fun putting together this party. From the details, the food, and the guests, it was amazing watching it unfold the day of. I'm pretty sure Miss A had a great time, even if she can't remember it, she has lots of pictures and videos to look back on when she gets older.





We were so happy to have our parents, her grandparents here to celebrate with us. After driving 12+ hours and flying over to be with us, we couldn't be more grateful.




The ladies- my mother in law, two sister in laws, me, and my mom!


The gentlemen- my brother, husband, father in law, adopted brother (hubby's best friend), and my dad. 


The party started off outside, which was where all the food and drinks were, along with entertainment for the kids. Miss A spent some time on the swing before the majority of her friends arrived. 


We had her elephant game outside, which blows out fireflies and comes with two nets for the kids to catch them. They were more interested in picking them up off the floor and stuffing them back into the elephant, which kinda made me sad that we didn't get a pinata after all!



Setting up a coloring station was a last minute idea and I'm glad I did it, because all her friends actually sat down and took some time to create a Minnie masterpiece.




She looked so cute in her Minnie dress and sparkly shoes! I got the dress from Esty and found the shoes a few months ago on clearance at Target. 




No time to waste when to comes to cupcakes! She dove face first into the frosting.



Opening all her gifts was the highlight of the day. She loved, loved ripping open every package and was delighted to find her very own Anna doll. 




Of course we can't forget Minnie! We have Frozen and Minnie toys up to our ears, along with lots of new books, clothes, and a few fun educational toys for me to get started on our preschool corner, which I hope to start this fall.

Now that the party is over, I'm a little sad, and also nostalgic. Reflecting on the past year, it's amazing to think about how much she has changed and grown since turning one years old. In a year she learned to walk, run, talk, put together three, sometimes even four word sentences, sing, count, and develop a sense of humor so much like her Daddy. She loves to play, laugh, hide, and dance. Stickers, dogs, cats, bunnies, blueberries, coloring, being outside, songs, and singing are a few of her favorite things. I absolutely love staying home with  her and being there for every minute.

4 comments:

  1. What a great party. I would love to hear you plans for a preschool corner. Elin stays with my mom while I am work and I was thinking of her having dedicated time a couple days of work to start some more education activities. Also, I just have to note the Minnie with the snap on clothes. Elin is obsessed with those! I think we have 3 different sets now. I wish they would sell more accessory sets that didn't include the Minnie doll each time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did soooo good! I love all the decorations! I missed part one so off to look at that post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun party. Everything looked wonderful and looks like Little Miss had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS