July 22, 2014

A Minnie Birthday Bash: Part One

With so many pictures to share, I thought I'd start off the fun with the part I spent the most time on: the details. I started planning Miss A's party two months ago, browsing Pinterest for ideas, making my very own "Minnie" board, figuring out what I could DIY and make myself, and what I had to purchase from the store. We had a small budget (at least in regards to a party) and I was determined to make it special, festive, and beautiful. I've always loved party planning and was up for the challenge. I loved every minute of it and honestly, I already miss it! I'd craft during nap time, nights when my husband was working, and if I had the rare moment where Miss A was occupied on her own. I made everything, except the cake!

The party was held outdoors, however, that didn't stop me from decorating indoors too! We had the cake table inside to keep it away from bugs and from the heat (it was awfully hot that day, which was a bummer). I decorated the mantle in our family room with the board I made for her photo shot (more on that in a future post), two stuffed Minnie's she already had, a "two" banner that I made, and pink and white streamers. I also printed out several pictures from her photo shot and framed them. 





On our front door I hung a welcome sign that I made using my printer and decorative cardstock. I also tied a few balloons and streamers to the walkway.



By far my favorite aspect of the party was the cake table. Everyone helped me put it together, handing me strip after strip of tape, being my eyes from afar, and making sure I didn't fall off the chair I had to stand on. I made the "happy birthday" banner, the streamers, and printed out the Minnie cutouts. 


I also made the cupcakes and decorated them with mini Oreo's for ears. The two Minnie dolls we already had and the stuffed Minnie and Mickey were gifts from her grandpa. I ordered the "2" stickers from an seller on Groopdealz



Ah, the cake! I can't take credit for the cake. My friend made it to a "T" of a picture I showed her. She was spot on with what I asked for, it was gorgeous, and tasted really good too! I didn't want to cut it, it was so beautiful.





We had two tables outside for guests to eat and chat. I covered the tables in matching pink tablecloths, a glittery pink runner that I found at Michaels, circle dot confetti, and bucket centerpieces I made with Minnie cutouts. I printed out the Minnie's on white cardstock, cut them out, and taped them to lollipop sticks. I made the black cutouts by hand and printed out the bows and cut those out. I stuffed the buckets (from Walmart) with pink Easter grass and stuck on a "2" sticker to the front. 





Miss A's friends had lots of toys to play with. Her ball pit, lots of cars to ride on, a sidewalk chalk mat that I put together with old cardboard boxes, her swing set, and a coloring station. 




For the food we had chicken fingers (Goofy's silly fingers), pigs in a blanket (hot diggity dogs), chex mix (Pluto's doggie treats), veggies (Daisy's garden veggies), a pasta salad (Minnie's bowtique pasta), and fruit salad (Mickey's fruity salad). Sadly I completely forgot to take a picture of the drink table, which was out by the tables. It was also covered in a pink polka dot tablecloth (Amazon) and we served pink lemonade, sweet tea, water, and wine for the adults. I also had pink polka dot straws for even more festiveness!



Tomorrow I'll share the rest- family shots, Miss A in her birthday dress, cutting the cake, and opening presents. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: Click here to see more!

6 comments:

  1. Love all of the details, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job!!! Love all the decor and I cannot believe you made a lot of it like the banner!! Looked perfect!!! The pink bucket table decor was so cute as well. It all looked fabulous! I think that little ball pit is adorable as well. Where is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing party! You did such a great job - I can't get over how cute those cupcakes are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything especially the door hanger! The food looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS