June 26, 2014

Surviving the Heat

The last three days have been hard. We still don't have A/C', Miss A isn't taking naps in the house because it's so hot, and has been giving me a daily dose of the terrible two's. I'm sure it's because she's hot and cranky like I am. Not taking naps is also part of the problem. So we've been doing our best to get out of the house to air conditioned places, whether it be the bookstore, the mall, a friend's house, or the library, we've been there.



She was really excited to find this Frozen stand at Barnes and Noble on Tuesday. We spent some time looking at every book- coloring books, board books, and sticker books. I wish I could have gotten them all! There was a set of four board books for a great deal, I might go back and get it as one of her birthday gifts. Later on that day we met a friend at the pool, which she wanted no part in. She wanted to snack away the afternoon instead of playing in the water. You win some, you lose some.

Yesterday we were out of the house for most of the day. The temperature in the houses continues to rise; it is so uncomfortable unless we're sitting under a ceiling fan or are upstairs in the spare room with the window unit blasting. So we went to story time, played at a friend's house, and killed time walking, shopping, and playing at the mall.


I haven't wanted to cook since it's so hot in the kitchen. So we've been having lots of sandwiches and easy prepared meals. Last night I decided we'd have a little picnic on the floor under a ceiling fan, just the two of us, since my husband was working. 


So today, hopefully, we should be hearing back about the part arriving for our A/C. I don't think I can handle another warm night in our house. It is SO uncomfortable trying to sleep. I've been running two fans for Miss A and her room, poor thing, since she doesn't have a ceiling fan. I can't wait to have a working air conditioner again, after this, I'll never take it for granted! 

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, hopefully it will get fixed today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart, I can't imagine how cranky it must be making her. I know it would make me cranky. Hope they get it fixed ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bummer!! It's so hard to sleep while it's hot - I would be going everywhere imaginable to find air!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS