June 24, 2014

Fourth of July Recipe Swap- Smore's Cookies

With summer in full swing, I'm so excited that the 4th of July is right around the corner! Honestly, I can't believe how fast summer is already flying by. I'm not ready for it to be July already! A few other bloggers and I are hoping to get everyone involved to do a festive recipe swap; anything and everything that screams summer. Watermelon, Popsicle, ice cold drinks, hot dogs, and ice cream cones topped with sprinkles are all foods that I associate with summer. What about you?


Here's how it's going to work- we'll each be sharing a Fourth of July themed recipe and will be including a link up below for anybody who would like to join. So into the kitchen and get cooking! Post your recipe on your blog and link up by next Tuesday, July 1. Entries will close and everyone will be matched up to another blogger's recipe on Wednesday, July 2. Then, recreate the recipe; make it your own and share your results of the swap by Wednesday, July 9. That's it! 

I'm sharing one of my favorite cookie recipes that reminds me of summer. Of course I make them any time of the year, but summer time is THE time to make smore's. Am I right?


I have taken these cookies to many BBQ's the last few years and they are always a hit, everyone asking where they can find the recipe. I love using milk chocolate Hersey bars, but my husband loves it when I use dark chocolate. Even more of an indulgence! 

1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups mini chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows, or large ones cut up
2 Hershey bars, chopped

Preheat your oven to 375.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture, and mix until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.


Use 2 tablespoons or a medium-sized ice cream scoop to drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheets. Bake for 7 minutes and remove from oven. Push a few marshmallows and pieces of chocolate into each cookie and return to the oven to bake an additional 3-4 minutes. Allow to cool on wire rack.


I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with! Happy Summer! Make sure to stop by and check out what these other ladies are serving up!


Natasha @ Hello! Happiness
Colleen @ Meet the Sullivan's

5 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with smores for the fourth. I'm going to have to add these to our menu. They look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I hope I get your recipe in the linkup! I'm SO making these asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. S'mores is my husband's favorite flavor combo. He would be so pleased if we got matched up and I made these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies and smores?! Match made in heaven!! I will definitely be trying these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS