June 20, 2014

Five on Friday

One. Happy Birthday...To Me!

Yesterday was my birthday! I don't know about you- I think less and less about my own birthday now that I have a little one's to plan for. Since Miss A's birthday is only a few weeks after mine I focus all my time on hers- planning her party, what to get her, etc. So my birthday kind of stuck up on me this year, but I still had a great day!


My husband had the morning off so we went to breakfast, where I ordered eggs benedict and a delicious mocha. A real treat for me as I never make either at home. After breakfast we went back home and I opened up the birthday box my parents sent me (I love care packages from my parents) and was also showered with gifts from the hubby. A new crossbody purse, Bath & Body Works candles, clothes, and a beautiful Willow Tree figurine were wonderful surprises and just what I wanted!




In the afternoon Miss A took a nap, husband went to work for a few hours, then came back just in time to meet us for froyo. Later on in the evening it was cake time, my favorite! I had such a wonderful birthday, thanks to my two loves.





Two. Summer Temperatures

It has been blazing hot this entire week. I'm talking temperatures reaching 100 degrees in the afternoon. Scorcher!! I did not know it could get so hot here in NC. We've been doing our errands in the morning instead of the afternoon as I hate getting in and out of a steamy car with a cranky toddler. So once she's up from her nap (or quiet time if nap doesn't happen) we've been filling up her kiddie pool on the deck and eating Popsicles. It was too hot for me to sit beside her so I filled up her second one and got in myself!



Three. Fourth of July Recipe Linkup

I'm excited to be a part of the Fourth of July Recipe Linkup happening next week on June 24th. A group of bloggers and I will be sharing a recipes that would be a perfect addiction to your BBQ or firework watching session. If you'd like to participate and share a recipe of your own, be sure to come back and link up with us! 


Four. Influenster Vow Vox Box

Isn't getting packages in the mail so much fun? I love when a new Influenster box arrives on my doorstep! This time I got a new nail polish, Olay tone perfecting cream, shaving cream, a facial sponge, tide to go stick, and a certificate to create a website. I always try out the polish first since I LOVE getting a new polish color. 



Five. Picture Session

Tomorrow morning is Miss A's second birthday photo session! We're also going to get a few family shots in too since we don't have any professional ones. I'm SO excited and have been planning her outfit, my outfit, and the hubby's for weeks. I've also been working on a black foam board to take with us as a prop. I'm not as artistic and creative as so many others free hand, so no fancy block letters or large drawings for us. Oh well! I think it's turning out well and can't wait to share the finished product with you all


5 comments:

  1. You girls are too cute! That's box box looks awesome!! Hope you have a great wknd!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She gets cuter every post! How funny your bday was yesterday, mine is today! Glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, girl!!! Your daughter is growing up so fast -- what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is just gorgeous! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay ignore the multiple comments....it said the first didn't go through...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS