May 9, 2014

Five on Friday- Sales, Laundry, and Good Times

For some reason I'm having a hard time getting to my Five on Friday posts, which I love writing so much! I think by the end of the week I'm ready for a blog break and forget to write up a post. It's amazing how much busier I am now as a SAHM than I was when I was working. The days are flying by and sometimes I don't even know where the time has gone. Anywho, I've got a few things to share today, nothing too exciting, unless you like hearing about sales and doing laundry! ;)

One. West Elm Clearance

West Elm is by far one of my favorite home good stores. I love browsing through their items online and making an actual trip to their store when I have the time. They are currently having a 70% clearance sale and I've wanted to get a new throw for our couch for quite some time. Online they are listed for $14.99. I went in person earlier this week and was shocked to find one, in the exact color I wanted for $9.99!! I snatched that baby up real quick. I got the light gray throw and it is SO soft and cozy. We are loving snuggling on the couch now after Miss A goes to bed!


Two. Making Laundry Easier

Okay, seriously, why does this get me excited? I saw an ad for this laundry tote, which is called the must-be-neat organizational laundry tote, and thought it was genius. I hate folding laundry and wait until we have a giant pile or for my husband to ask me where all his white t-shirts went before I start folding. If I had this, maybe I would get to it more often!? I just love the three compartments and that it can easily be carried, which is a task for going up and down the stairs!


3. Summertime

I know for many it may just be starting to feel like Spring. Here in North Carolina we've gotten temperatures in the 90s already and it is really starting to feel like Summer! We've been to the park a lot this week, grilled out on the deck, and taken several early morning walks. I, for one, am loving it look forward to the rest of summer!






4. Toddlers in Swimsuits


Which brings me to my next topic- toddlers in swimsuits. I have a serious problem buying Miss A bath suits. Right now she has eight hanging in her closet. I just can't get over them! So stinking cute. 








5. Family Time

My husband is on an amazing schedule right now for the month of May. He's home before five every day AND has weekends off. It feels like a vacation! I've been able to go to my work out class, grocery shop ALONE and make improv trips to meet him for a bite to eat. It's heaven, really. May is going to be a glorious month!



Happy Friday and Happy Mother's Day to all who are celebrating this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What great things to be happy about! I'd love a schedule like that for my Hubby. We miss our Daddy time. Happy Mother's Day to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that laundry basket!!! Why do little things like that get us excited?! Hope you had the best Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS