April 22, 2014

Easter Recap 2014

Our Easter this weekend was pretty low key. I was happy to have the hubby home, even though he was switching from night shift to day, so he was pretty tired most of the day. We made the most of it with cake pops and a special breakfast/brunch in morning.


Before I tell you more about the day, let me share some words about cake pops- they are hard to make! I've heard horror stories about the cake falling apart when dipped into chocolate and many other frustrations. Luckily I didn't have that problem, but apparently the chocolate I chose to melt wasn't a very good choice. It didn't stick well to the cake pops and was falling off in huge chunks. What gives?? I definitely want to try again and I think I'll write a "What I Learned About Cake Pops" post soon. At least they still tasted good!


Moving on to brunch! I had to hide the cake pops because someone couldn't wait to get her her hands on them. We had french toast, a rare treat in our house, on festive plates I picked up at Target a few weeks ago.



After breakfast we gave Miss A her Easter bucket. The pink Easter grass was a hit and covered our family room in seconds. 


She also loved her Slinky, new sippy cup, and bunny book. 



The rest of the day we spent at home and played outside, while I missed my family many miles away. Holidays can be the hardest days to be so far away. I hope to be there next year so Miss A can participate in our family egg hunt and have Easter dinner with my family. We did have an egg hunt of our own to attend, and she caught on to what was going on real quick!


When she realized the eggs were stuffed with hidden treasures she started to open them all up. She was very excited to find these play necklaces and immediately put them on. 




I love holidays so much more now that she is getting older! The more and more she understands what's going on, the more excited I become. I'm actually kind of sad there aren't many more holidays coming up! What's next- 4th of July? Not too exciting. But then it's her birthday!! That's something to look forward to, even though the thought of it makes me want to cry. A two year old. How did that happen!

11 comments:

  1. Adorable photos! Looks like she had a blast ripping through her basket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, she was quite amazed by the Easter grass :)

      Delete
  2. Fun! The cake pops look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Looks like Easter was very successful!! Your cake pops look delicious!

    http://scaifebabywatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A slinky! What a fun idea for her basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy cake pops! Looks like she had a really fun day with presents and her egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cake pops, but I'm with you - they are super hard to make! My best friend makes them often and she says the keys are very chilled balls (she puts hers in the freezer for a bit), candy melts that you reheat constantly, and using a piece of styrofoam for drying. I still struggle, but hers always look great and she's not particularly crafty or artsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cake pops look delicious. I've thought about trying to make them but haven't yet been brave enough!
    Sounds like you all had a great Easter. I love Miss A in those necklaces. She's a doll
    Oh and Easter grass, isn't it the best????

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great low key holiday. Ours was low key as well which I like now that we have a little one that needs routine and naps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so envy your laid back Easter!! Ours is always a traveling circus and for once I would just love to stay in PJs and play outside all day! I love the pics - it looks like you guys had a great time! I have always been curious to try making cake pops - would love a post about them!!
    loveandlifesimplified.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS