March 5, 2014

The Little Things Part 6

On Monday we had a nasty day of weather. Rain that turned to sleet that turned to snow and temperatures that fell to the 20s by late afternoon. We were able to get out of the house early in the morning before it got bad but were stuck inside the rest of the day.


Back in the day, this kind of weather could mean parking on the couch with a blanket, hot chocolate, a book, and my trusty remote. Sure, we did watch a little TV, as in Doc McStuffins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! My my how times has changed. Obviously we couldn't sit on the couch forever (what kind of Mom would I be!) so we went into the kitchen for some coloring time.


She loves, loves markers. Crayons, not so much. I might be crazy to let her use markers so soon, but I don't let her out of my sight, they're washable, and it buys us at least 30 minutes of happy playtime! She likes it when I draw something, which is the same thing every time because I don't know how to draw, a dog. I'll also draw faces, which she calls "baby" every time, flowers, stick people, and hearts. All my drawings are immediately colored over. ;)


Once marker time was over I grabbed our muffin pan, some cupcake liners, dried beans, and uncooked pasta. Once again, I never left her side, as these are obvious choking hazards. She's really good about not putting things in her mouths at this point, especially when I give her a stern No! Anyway, we counted them, over and over again, and then she had fun dropping the beans and pasta into the cupcake liners and back into the muffin pan. Another solid 30 minutes gone and precious memories made with my little girl. 


Last, but not least, we made this! I traced our right hands and right foot. She didn't mind me tracing her hand, but her foot looks that way because she scrunched it up immediately. Hehe. Now it hangs proudly on our fridge and I love looking at it every day. 

9 comments:

  1. Such cute memories! Love the artwork, and don't worry I can't draw either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff. Winter is so tough with a toddler, I'm ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun, what a creative little mama you are!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you made a cold day into a really fun day! I let my little girl play with markers too and she loves it! So far she hasn't colored on anything bad (fingers crossed!)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of your hands and footsies is adorable. Such a fun and creative afternoon. Thank you for the ideas. How is Miss A napping this week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, that looks like it was a fun afternoon. I do personally love tv cuddles wig kiddo too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!!! I hadn't thought about cupcake liners and muffin pan, I'm adding that to my list

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Gone are the days of being lazy! It's amazing how creative we can get! Beans + muffin tins = genius!
    Loveandlifesimplified.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS