March 4, 2014

The Liebster Award

I was recently nominated for The Liebster Award by Kelly of Sweet Carolina Charm. Thanks Kelly! This is a fun way to get to know other bloggers and share a little bit about yourself. Kelly came up with eleven questions for me to answer. 


1.What is your Favorite City? 

My favorite city is Chicago. When we lived in Michigan, we drove to Chicago several times for weekend trips with friends. There is so much to do there, I love the architecture of the modern and old, the festivals, the museums, the lake, and the food. I hope we can go back again one day with Miss A and do other kid related activities!

2. What is your Favorite Book/Currently Reading?


This is a tough one. I LOVE to read. Since I read so much, it's very hard for me to say, "this is my absolute favorite book ever". But if I have to chose, I can't just chose one...I have two favorite books, The Art of Racing in the Rain, and The Reliable WifeI'm currently reading The Snow Child.

3. Biggest Fear?

Something happening to Miss A or my husband. Every so often I'll have a horrible dream about something happening to her and I'll wake up terrified, jump out of bed, and make sure she's okay. Ugh, I HATE those dreams.

4. Favorite Recipe to Make?

How can I answer this! I have so many. I can narrow it down by category. My favorite crockpot recipe, cookie recipe, I-don't-want-to-cook recipe, dessert. I could go on and on.

5. Biggest Treat/Indulgence you give into?

Welllll let's see. If I'm craving a donut, that's a huge indulgence for me because I never, ever have donuts. Fresh donuts from a bakery are like a sin to me. I also indulge in ice cream, especially in the summer. I LOVE ice cream!

6. Something You Haven't Done in One Year?

Slept in until 9:00. Ha! Make that almost two years.

7. Something You Want to Do in the Next Year?

Finish decorating my house. It's a constant work in progress.

8. Describe Your Go To Outfit.

Before I was a mom, my go-to outfit was tight jeans, a pretty top, heels, and jewelry. Nowadays I'll reach for jeans (with stretch, let's be real here), a cute, but comfy top (that can go with everything), with sneakers, flats, or sandals. I dress it up with scarfs, bracelets, or pretty earrings.

9. Do you Subscribe to any Magazines?

Yes! I love magazines. They pile up since I don't have time to read them but I typically read one on Saturday mornings. I subscribe to Us Weekly, Cosmopolitan, Parents, Shape, and Self.

10. What is your Starbucks Drink?

A caramel mocha.

11. Favorite Thing about Blogging?


Reading and "meeting" other moms who are going through the same thing that I am and having a creative outlet to share what's on my mind. 


Now it's my turn to nominate a few other bloggers! Technically, I'm supposed to nominate eleven other bloggers for this award. However I'm only going to nominate three:

Stephanie from Wife Mommy Me
 Linzi from Little Gem
Jessica from The Newly

I love reading about the daily lives of these ladies and hope you'll take a minute to check out their blogs! Here are my eleven questions:

1. Did you always want to be a Mom?

2. What did you do before you were a Mom?

3. What's the biggest struggle you've had so far, in parenting?

4. Favorite TV show?

5. If you could have one day to yourself, what would you do?

6. Do you have any guilty pleasures?

7. What's your dream vacation?

8. Favorite go-to meal?

9. Favorite restaurant?

10. What are your hobbies?

11. If you could have any career, what would it be?

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't wait to read your answers! You're so perfect! I hope you get to sleep in till 9:30 one of these days ;) I love indulging in donuts and ice cream too. Thank you for nominating me .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS