February 26, 2014

It's The Little Things Part 5

Yesterday we were hanging out at home in the morning since my husband's shift didn't start until later in the afternoon. Miss A was running back and forth between us as I paid bills and my husband studied for an exam he has tomorrow. She was a bundle of energy and feeling guilty, I got up to play with her.


She shot across the room giggling and I thought, why don't we play hide and seek? She's just started to get the concept and when I say "Go hide!" she bolts out of the room laughing hysterically and I pretty much always find her in the same spot, standing in the middle of our bedroom. My husband got up and joined in on the fun, which she looooved. As we played more and more she started to hide in our hiding spots and thought she was completely invisible. Oh it was just so cute!


I don't have any pictures of her hiding since we were so involved in the game but I'll definitely have to take some now. It's moments like these I cherish so much. My cheeks were starting to hurt by the end of it, from smiling and laughing so much!

Which brings me to something else I want to talk about today. Every day when Miss A and I have these special moments I remind myself how lucky we are that she is a healthy, beautiful, spirited child. Did you know that every three minutes a child is born with a cleft lip? I had no idea. I also didn't know that many of these children will not make it to their first birthday. Operation Smile is working to prevent that from happening by providing patient evaluations and free surgeries, FREE, to so many children whose parents can not afford them.


Campus Book Rentals has partnered up with Operation Smile and donates to the cause every time a textbook is rented. If you are or know someone in college, this would be a great site for you to check out. Textbooks are 40%-90% off bookstore prices, shipping is free, highlighting is allowed, and they are flexible with how long a textbook can be rented. They also have a new program called Rent Back which allows you to rent your textbook to other students. Take a look at how it works!


I wish programs like this existed when I was in college. It sure would've helped with those expensive textbooks!

Disclaimer: I was contacted by Campus Book Rentals to raise awareness of their programs and was compensated for this post. 

10 comments:

  1. That is so fun. I haven't played that with Elin yet but she does like us to chase her and then catch her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, Miss A is darling and she smiles so bright! That is great your bringing awareness about cleft lips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun! :) don't ya love when they learn new games?
    And I think it's awesome that you posted about Operation Smile. I'm a 20 year old who was born with cleft lip and palate, and was very fortunate to be able to have the surgeries and care I needed. And makes me very sad for those who don't. I had NO idea about campus book rentals donating to Operation Smiles- that's definitely where I'm going to be getting my books from here on out. Thank you!
    xoxo
    raisingaverymae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove playing hide and seek! It is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter loves playing hide and seek too! :) I think it's so awesome you posted about Operation Smile. My daughter was born with a cleft lip and palate and I think this is a great program!!

    www.lyndsey-littleharper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I found out about Campus Book Rentals 3 years into college and I wish I would have know about them sooner! It's such an amazing concept and was so easy! That is so amazing that they are partnering up with Operation Smile!

    Loveandlifesimplified.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this little shirt! She is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little girls looks adorable, she reminds me of my little girl when she was that age specially her hair :)

    Catherine Vargas
    Vintage Girls
    www.vindiebaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too fun and cute! Just started doing this with mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS