January 3, 2014

Happy New Year- 2014 Goals

We are back from (mostly) sunny and warm South Florida. I spent ten days with my family and friends, enjoying the extra hands, delicious food, and sweet treats. I'll do a large recap of our holidays soon, be ready for picture overload! Now that we're back home, I'm all about kicking it into high gear to welcome 2014.


At the start of every new year, I feel like I can conquer anything. It's a fresh start and a clean slate- forget about what I wasn't able to accomplish the year before, and look forward to doing it in the year ahead. I have a list of goals and random thoughts for the new year and I keep adding it to as I think of something else I want to do. Here's what I have so far.

1. Put Together a Household Binder

There are so many free printables out there to help organize your monthly spending, keep track of emergency numbers, when bills are due, etc. I know I'll be better organized if I can get a household binder together and use it daily.

2. Fitness

This is going to be my hardest goal to achieve. I'm a slacker when it comes to exercise. My main excuse is that I have no time with a toddler. Which, is technically true, I don't have the time I used to, like before I'd come home from work and go to the gym or pop in a DVD or go to a class. I can't do that anymore! The reality is, nap time is when I get so many other things done, that I can't get done while Miss A is awake. So to try and exercise during that time is realistically not going to happen. I also can't depend on my husband, because his schedule changes so drastically, all the time. So. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to have to fit in exercise when I can. Going on long walks when the weather is nice. Doing crunches, lunges, planks, etc when she's occupied with a toy or while I'm cooking dinner, folding laundry. Putting on music and dancing. I've also signed up for some cardio classes that offer free childcare and will try to make it there once a week.

3. Eat More Fruits & Vegetables & Meatless Meals

At the start of every new year, I'm dying to eat better. I'm sure it's because of all the unhealthy foods and treats I have over the holidays. I start off every year eating great, and slowly fall off the bandwagon. I'm vowing to stick to healthy eating habits all year round, by buying more fruits and vegetables and cooking more meatless meals. I'm going to need help with that one- what are some of your favorite meatless meals?

4. Complete Crafty Projects

 I never finish what I start, in regards to creative, or crafty projects. I have so many scrapbooks that I've started and left unfinished half way through. I've got tons of pictures printed out that have never made it into albums. This year I want to finish all these projects so I can start on some new ones!

5. Decorate Our Home

There is still so much to be done in our house. I want to design a gallery wall, order canvases, and finish Miss A's room. I'd love to display her books on photo ledges and add more art work to her walls. Our family room walls are completely empty and I'd like to create a gallery wall with family photos. I'd also like to add a craft area to our guest room so that I can complete #4.

There are other things that I'd like to do that I didn't list- read more books, stick to a cleaning schedule, spend more time outdoors, and be more organized. Cheers to 2014!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS