December 19, 2013

Year in Review

Today I'm reminiscing over the last year. It's amazing how much can change in one year. I loved this little questionnaire that I found at Three 31 and I'm linking up to review 2013



What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? Bought a house! What a process. We also went to Myrtle Beach for a weekend trip, I've never been there before. 


Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I think the only new years resolution I made was to meet new friends and blog more. I can say that I have been putting myself out there and striking up conversations, which is not something I would have done years ago. But moving to new places kind of forces you to do that if you want to meet new friends! I have also been blogging more, which makes me very happy. As for this year, yes, I will make more, new resolutions

Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, a friend of mine before we moved, and now I'm excited about a cousin who is pregnant and due next year. 


Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no! 


What countries did you visit? None. Don't think we will visit another country any time soon. Not with a toddler! 


What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? I'd like to have more time with my husband, especially more date nights. I'd also like to have more time to exercise! Don't know how I'm going to find more time for either of those. :(


What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory? March 15th, 2013. Match Day for my husband. Opening that envelope and finding out where we were going to move after so many months of uncertainty. May 17th, my husband's graduation day. May 30th, the day we closed on our house. July 15th, Miss A turned one. 

Match Day

Graduation Day

Birthday Party

What was your biggest achievement of the year? Settling in to a new place. Setting up our new home. The first time we made a drastic move, I was a mess, for months. This time around I knew what to expect and I had Miss A to think about. I wanted it to be a smooth transition for her and it was. 

What was your biggest failure? Making excuses for myself not to exercise. It's easy to sit your butt down during nap time to enjoy the peace and quiet...I seriously lack motivation to get up and put in a workout DVD when that's the only time I can sit during the day. Not sure how I'm going to change that for next year. 

Did you suffer illness or injury? Thankfully, no, although Miss A had her first ear infection, in both ears with a bad fever. :(


What was the best thing you bought? All our new furniture! I realize I'm answering a lot of questions based on our new house...but it was the best thing that happened to us this year, besides moving to NC. 


Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband and my daughter. My husband for working all the time at odd hours and coming home with a smile on his face even if he's so exhausted, happy to see me and Miss A. He is a hard worker and I can't imagine doing what he does everyday. I could never be a doctor! Miss A has grown so much in the last year it blows my mind. She is becoming this little girl with a spunky personality and is absolutely hilarious. I am so lucky to be her mother.  





Where did most of your money go? TJ Maxx (house stuff), Target (as usual), and to groceries. This girl is eating us out of house and home! 

What did you get really, really, really excited about? Oh let's see...MOVING, (I know, I know), finding out where we were moving, seeing my husband graduate from medical school, having my in-laws help us move in, having them visit again in October, seeing my Dad in October, my parents coming for Thanksgiving...and now I'm really, really excited about Christmas!

I can't wait to see what 2014 will bring us! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. How fun is this?!!! Love it! What a year you have had! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, thank you so much for participating in this link-up. This is a great post, I loved reading about your year. Hugs and blessings to you and the family. CHEERS TO 2014!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!